Friday, November 7, 2014

Pre-race Jitters

So two days from now I will attempt to conquer The Skippo 30K trail race. After doing a preview 10K of the course last weekend I'm super nervous about my ability to complete this race. I've run the 18 mile distance many times and but the difficulty of this course scares me!!! 

There is a section of stairs at the 2 mile marker that is 225 stairs straight up a hill. I did okay on this section last weekend by walking up them. What I didn't know about was a hill they call "Cardiac Hill" that is almost a mile straight up!!!  I ended up walking that hill, and even had to stop a few times to catch my breath. 





I've had the whole week to mentally prepare myself for doing each of these two difficult obstacles three times!! 😱😱. I've never had a DNF in my life and I don't plan on that being the case this Sunday. My plan is to go out there and give it all I've got and pray that my body holds up!!!  

I'll catch you guys on Monday with a race recap!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment